Monday, October 3, 2011

a lovely wedding

I just attended my dear friend Charity's wedding this weekend, and found myself enjoying myself more than I ever had before at a wedding. I was, for some reason, in my element. It wasn't the alcohol (cause I wasn't drinking) or the hot single guys (there weren't any that I hadn't previously dated) or the dancing (I didn't even do much of that). It was the amazing people there. I had the experience of feeling really connected to a bunch of people, gathering to witness a really special occasion, and there was no stuffiness or weird dynamics or superficial conversation. I found I was genuinely delighted to see people, and I think they felt the same way. I got more hugs than I have in a long time, and found myself talking so much that I was the last one with food on my plate, hell, I was the last one at the table with a plate at all. I took so long to eat that they ended up taking my plate away even before I was finished. I felt inspired, and excited and encouraged by the conversations I had that evening.

While talking with my friend Sorcha about my up-coming road trip, I started jumping around in a circle with excitement. I got to know friends' new significant others, and found them interesting and myself not feeling lonely at all. It was a successful weekend all around.

No comments: